Things to Know
In the relationship between men and women, here are some suggestions to create dialogue.
- Do I want to surprise her and select the styling myself?
- Do I want to allow her to choose the ring she will be married with?
- Have we talked about our expectations, such as budget and how it relates size and quality of diamond?
- Does she prefer yellow gold, white gold, platinum?
- What style will best fit her lifestyle?
- What size diamond, shape diamond will she want?
- What is her finger size?
- Is it important to her for you to ask her parents for their blessing to become engaged?
The diamond is a symbol of promised commitment. We suggest that if you are not sure what style of ring she wants presenting her the diamond in an elegant solitaire will show her your love and commitment. Then the two of you can come in together and select the style of ring she has been dreaming of. The cost of the solitaire will be credited toward the ring she wants. This suggestion takes the pressure off of trying to guess what she likes and gives you the opportunity to maintain the surprise aspect.
Designers We Carry
Diamonds Direct carries only a few designers that are able to meet our high standards for creativity, quality and value. If you would like to view a ring from one of these designers, give us a call so we can make sure that ring is here when you come in.